Saturday, April 10, 2010

Well, here goes...

Well, here goes.. I have decided to jump into this 100% and blog about my adventures. I have to say that the desire to actually cook is something that is totally new to me. I have never been one to want to cook.. eat, yes, but cooking, no. Just ask my son, who told his first grade teacher that I could bring something for the class Christmas party, as long as it was something that came out of a box. Thanks son!
But out of the mouths of babes comes the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, at least as it pertains to their loved ones. I was not a cooker. Ham steak and mac& cheese were my dinner plans, almost twice a week if I could get away with it. Drive thrus were my friends. And my son, being a chicken nugget fan, never really complained.
But now, something in me has changed. I hunger (pardon the pun) to learn how to cook, and how to do it well. I want to broil, and stir fry. To saute and to poach. I want to bake and to grill. And this blog will be my diary, my journal of failures, and successes. I hope it helps you to learn with me, and not to make the same mistakes that I KNOW I will make. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment